- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 2013 Graduation-Officially a College Graduate

I do not think it has hit me yet that I actually graduated on Saturday.
It probably will not hit me until I pack all my stuff up and move to Seattle.
Saturday felt like any other busy day minus all the pictures and black gowns around campus.
 
So let me tell you about my graduation day.
Woke up at 8 a.m. after getting about 6 hours asleep---word of advice for those of you to still graduate, sleep, sleep, sleep. This is the longest day ever and you need your rest.
The rooms and I got ready, steamed our gowns, and put on those beautiful high-heels we all purchased.
Oh the heels, remember these beauties I mentioned about in April?
Well, silly ol' me forgot to practice walking in them for the entire month of April. So can you guess what happened? Yep, you're right! I totally fell within 3 minutes of being on campus. I looked at my best friend and said "I'm going down!" and then she turned around to see me on praying knees laughing so hard. Luckily, I only got a little scrap on my knee, but I did change out of those shoes as soon as baccalaureate was over.
 
On to commencement---an event that was supposed to be 3 hours long, but was only 2! Now that is a great gift to graduating senior because nobody has time for a 3 hours commencement. Following commencement came a lot of pictures! Here are some for your viewing pleasure:
 









 
 
After the butt-load of pictures, my family and I went to find some snacks to hold us over until dinner. Well, little did I know I snuck them into the honorary graduate party. Everyone was looking at us all funny, but I just thought they were mad that we were late. We booked it out of there after we realized the undergrad party had already left.
 
Then we went and grabbed some dinner and shared gifts. I watched my best friend since third grade tear up over a heart-felt card I wrote and my parents surprised me with an I-phone!
From dinner the 3 besties decided to do one last country drive which included driving the loop once more and making  a stop at the blue bridge to set our goals for the next 5 years, kissing a rock, and throwing it into the river.
 
Overall, it was a great day and I feel extremely blessed to be surrounded by my own family and two other families that love me just as much as my own!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment