- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Prayer Warrior

In High School, I was the girl who prayed like it was my job. 
I woke up praying, I went to sleep praying, I ate my food praying.
Yeah, I was that annoying girl who would say she'd pray for you even if you didn't ask me to.

In College, my prayers dwindled. 
I am now that girl who says "Dear God. Thank you for this meal. Amen."
I'm the girl who never raises her hand to pray.
And I'm the girl who only prays when she needs something.

For a while, my faith and I have been having a tug-a-war contest. So far, I've been winning. I keep telling myself I am just not the Christian I used to be, but my lovely roommate reminded me that I still am. She told me that I still have the faith I used to, I have just covered it up and chosen to not unleash it.

In the past few weeks, I have been reminded of how much I desire to be that prayer warrior again. I want to turn to God in times of thanks and need. I want to turn to God to say thank you for giving me money to buy some coffee or for the rain-filled day that made me appreciate sunshine.
I want to be that girl again, yet I am so scared.

I don't want to get hurt by my faith again. I don't want those with faith to hurt me.
This summer I'd love to lead a fellowship of people or be involved with one to share my struggles and successes. I also want to become the prayer warrior I used to be.
I realize to do this it requires me to ask others to come beside me to encourage and pray with it.

So here I am, asking for you to join me in this journey back to prayer warrior status. Pray that I may fight the fear, pray that I will rely on the power of prayer, and pray that I continue it past the summer.
Thanks for your continual support and love! 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment