- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Porch Parties

If you really know me, you would know that for the first three years of my college career I worked my butt off. I took 17 credit hours each semester which doesn't sound like a lot but it is. I took one summer class where I spent the first month reading out of the wrong book-->note to all you in-coming Freshman be smart and make sure the isbn numbers match. I also am graduating with a double major so I had four years to accomplish the work for two degrees which is ridiculously hard as most classes you need for both majors are scheduled at the same time. 

Now I know it sounds like I was just whining, but I am not. I am truly grateful for all the hard work I put into the last three years because my Senior year has been so easy. I've taken a 16 credit semester and a 14 credit semester, two classes that are credit or no-credit, and classes that I have been waiting to take since my Freshman year. It's the last week of classes here at Anderson and I have no big projects or tests to stress about. I have two finals down and only two more to take. 

For finals week I get to go out to lunch with my class, help other students pass their final, and then study somewhat for two other finals. Easiest finals week ever and it only lasts two days! Then I graduate! I cannot believe it is finally here. The day I have been working hard for during these last 4 years and now I am off to do another 3 years of schooling. I would have never imagined I'd be moving out to Seattle to start my new life and school. 
NEVER IMAGINED!

Sorry for that rant, but the whole point was to show that I can spend my Tuesday of the last week of class doing the following:

-Hanging out in a hammock with my best friend just enjoying the warm weather.
-Going on a walk with best friend and discovering the following: a man not behaving himself in public and being an exhibitionist (don't know what that is, look it up), meeting two LDS boys and welcoming them into a friends home, seeing more fellow Seniors along the way in cars and outside, and finally ending the night spending two hours outside on the Porch talking about everything and anything. 

In the last semester, I have made friends and hung out with people I would have never expected. It's bittersweet to think most of us will be heading out in different directions, but I am so grateful for the few months we have shared with each other.

From all this, I have learned to be more outgoing. My goal is to meet strangers, build relationships with those you'd think otherwise, have faith in God, and remember to be where you are and not on to the next step.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment