- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Thursday, January 24, 2013

MLK Jr. Day

Every year AU's campus has a guest speaker for MLK Jr. Day/week.
This week our guest speaker spoke to me and of the bravery he had to Do justice, Love mercy, and to Walk humbly. Not only did Martin Luther King Jr. stand up for justice, but Rosa Parks and many others took a stand against injustice.
 
I began to wonder if I would have the guts to do the same if I felt the need to. Would I refuse to move from my seat or speak to thousands of people? Would I be willing to risk my life for justice?
It scares me to say that I am not sure I would have the courage to risk my life. Has my own life become more important than another's? What makes mine more valuable?
I always say I would take a bullet for a loved one, but how can you know this is true until the moment actually occurs.
This has really got me thinking about how I put myself first before others often. I want to put others first just like God.
I hope I can learn how to put others first and began to walk the path Jesus did.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment