- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Friday, July 19, 2013

Banana Bread by Baby Cakes & More

Kasey is back with another great recipe! If you try it out, tell me how you love it because its sure to be delicious!

Banana Bread
Seems simple enough, right?  I’ve always been someone who prefers banana bread over banana muffins.  I know it’s a bit odd since it’s the same things, but there’s just something about eating a slice of banana bread that I can’t get over.  This recipe, like the last has a tiny little addition that might seem small, but adds one of my favorite flavors into the loaf… CINNAMON!!  Not only does this recipe make it possible to actually taste the banana, but it’s fairly quick and easy.

Prep Time: 15 minutes ----- Cook Time: 60-70 minutes
Ingredients
1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
3 eggs
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup mashed, ripe bananas
(I will use between 2 and 3 bananas… more bananas, more banana flavor)
¾ cup vegetable oil
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon (depending on preference)


Steps
1.     Preheat oven to 350°.  Coat bread pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2.     Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.  Once it is combined, set aside.

3.  In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, mashed bananas, and oil until smooth.  Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir together until just combined.  Add the cinnamon and stir, again until just combined.

4.     Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth over the top.

5.     Bake for 60-70 minutes (I usually do about 65 minutes), or until a toothpick is inserted into the center comes out clean.
6.     Let it sit in the pan for about 15 minutes and then turn it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.


I promise, I do make more than just breads. :P My parents just continually request this and the cinnamon bread I posted last time, so I figured they must be worthy of a share.

If you order this from my bakery, it would cost about $20 for a loaf, plus a little extra for shipping.


Happy eating!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment