- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Friday, July 5, 2013

Meet Baby Cakes & More

It is just a week of new introductions to you all! Today I am introducing you to a new Friday post that will include my friend Kasey from Baby Cakes & More. And let me tell you--this woman knows how to bake! I have been munching on her goodies for years now and always looked forward to her random giveaways of cookies or pies she made for fun. Not only is Kasey helping you out by giving you a delicious desert or breakfast bite, she is also introducing you to her new business. Take my word for it that you will not be disappointed in anything this girl makes for you. You can find her business here  or click on her sponsor tab to the right of my page. Do not wait to contact her!

Cinnamon Swirl Bread
I know everyone has their own ideas when it comes to cinnamon swirl bread.  When I think about cinnamon swirl bread, I want a lot of cinnamon, and a little bread.  With this recipe, I get that.  When I first found the recipe that helped me come up with this, I was trying to figure out how I could make it better.  What would make it unique?  I looked in my cabinets, and found cinnamon chips… I had found the jackpot.  It was perfect for this recipe to make it that much better. 

I found mine at Walmart, but I know they’re hard to find sometimes.  Try amazon if you’re having trouble finding them.

Prep Time: 30 minute------Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
For the bread, you’re going to need:
¼ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup all purpose and 1 cup  white whole wheat)
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 cup buttermilk


1.     Preheat oven to 350°F.  Grease a loaf pan and set aside. (I used a pan roughly 8x4x3)
2.     In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.  Beat together until well blended.

3.     In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Mix together. 
4.     Add your dry ingredients into the butter and egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Once mixed, set aside.

For the swirl/topping, you will need:
½ cup brown sugar
¼ sugar
¼ tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
Cinnamon chips

Combine brown sugar, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a small bowl.

Preparing the bread for the oven:
1.     Spread 1/3 of the bread batter into the prepared loaf pan.  Sprinkle with 1/3 of swirl/topping mixture on top and cover the batter.  Add a small handful of cinnamon chips on top of the swirl mixture. 

2.     Repeat the process twice, ending by putting the remainder of the swirl/topping mixture on top.  Do NOT add cinnamon chips to the top.

3.     Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out almost completely clean.
4.     Slightly cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then remove it from the pan and put on a cooling rack to finish cooling.

I usually add a powdered sugar glaze to the top just to make it that much better.  I combine 1 cup of powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla, and 1-2 tablespoons milk, and then drizzle it over the cooled bread.

My parents absolutely love this bread and request it regularly.  The cinnamon chips add the perfect amount of extra cinnamon flavor.  Truly delicious if you ask me! 

If you order it from my bakery, it would cost about $20 for the full loaf, plus a little extra for shipping, if applicable.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment