- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Friday, July 12, 2013

Indianapolis Love

While I am soon to become a Seattle girl, I thought I would share with you the Indianapolis girl that I have been for the last 22 years.

Indianapolis is known for The Colts NFL team, the Indy 500, and for all the corn we produce each year. If you've been to Indy, then you know that while it's not a huge city it has some great assets.

Here are my favorite things about Indianapolis!

1.) The Canal
Whether you want to go for a morning stroll, and evening run, or a paddle boat ride, this place is just pure fun. It has art, architecture, and can lead you to some of the museums in Indy. My personal favorite is to take my bike and ride along the canal to touch each end of it.

2.) The Spaghetti Factory

I am a girl who loves Italian Food so of course I am going to say you need to check out this place. Not only is the food great, but the atmosphere is as well. It's unique and has much to look at while dining. 

3.) Monument Circle
If you are ever in Indy during Christmas time, then this is a must see. Every year after Thanksgiving the monument gets lighted and turns into a Christmas Tree. It is still a must see even if it isn't Christmas time. You can find horse-drawn carriages to ride, grab some Starbucks or hot chocolate at The Chocolate Company, or possibly catch a concert. 

There are many more things to see in Indy and lots to do, but these are just a few of my favorites for what the city has to offer. Come see it for yourself!

**And no, I did not get asked by my state to post about this. I'm just a mid-west girl realizing all the things she will forget about her city as she prepares to move.**
Pin It

1 comment: