- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Taylor Swift Thursday

Here it is! The series I have been so excited to introduce you to!
For the last 8 years of my life, I have been a huge Taylor Swift fan. I love the girl and her songs!
As I was listening to her cd the other day, I started to laugh because I knew exactly what she was talking about. I understood the heartbreak, the anger, the sadness, and all the other emotions she sings about. And all this understanding got me to thinking:
"Why don't I blog about how my life is exactly like a Taylor Swift song? Oh, and why don't I do it by connecting it to the guys I've dated?"
 
Well, here I am doing it. I hope you get a laugh out of it like I do.
So here it goes.
My dating life from the eyes of Taylor Swift.
 
Heartbreaker #1: Kcirtap (hidden identity)
 
 
Please press play before you read.
 
While I do not really count you as a first boyfriend, you technically were for the whole 7 days we dated. Oh and for those 4 hours we dated after our first break-up.
Young love was fresh in the air and I finally got to date that boy who annoyed me in Social Studies. You were such a classy dude. Stealing my pen and offering it back to me if I only agreed to date you. I had no choice, but to say yes because it was the only pen I had for the entire day. Yet, there I was secretly dying inside because this is what I had wanted all along.
 
I'm not sure what it was that made me want to be your girlfriend. Maybe it was all that red hair that I just loved or the way you constantly picked on me because we learned in 5th grade that if a boy picks on you then he really likes you. Either way, I got to call you my boyfriend!
 
In that whole week of dating, we hung out maybe 2 times outside of school and talked on the phone maybe twice as well? You dedicated "Beautiful Soul" to me by Jesse McCartney because you knew how beautiful my soul actually was. You got me, you really did! And boy did you know how to apologize. After telling me I looked like Ogre Fiona from Shrek, you called me 7 times and even though I ignored every single call, you came to my best friends house and called for me outside her window. What a Romeo and Juliet love story in the making.
 
But finally the week came to an end and I realized I had some terrible guilt hiding inside me. My parents told me I was not allowed to date until I was 16, yet I was only 14. While I hid in the garage explaining why we couldn't date anymore, you told me you would wait for me and boy did I hang on to those words. It convinced me to give you a second chance, but when you insisted on helping me with my homework I just couldn't take it.
 
I was an independent 8th grader! I did not need a guy to help me do my homework! So I sent my best friend across the lunch room to end it one more time and I saw that look. You were heartbroken and I was the reason why. The guilt ate me up and I couldn't help but continue to still make googly-eyes at you.
 
Summer came and you became the person I wanted to hangout with the most. We played basketball every single day even though I was horrible at it, but sometimes you let me win. Then my so-called best friend got ungrounded and you stopped coming around. Finally, I found out you were dating and had moved on.
 
I sat in my room many nights that summer crying over you.
You were the teardrops on my guitar.
 
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment