- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my father's birthday and I believe he is turning 49.
In honor of him, I will now post some reasons why I love, appreciate, and admire him!
1.) That head of hair! Still rocking it to this day!
2.) Your faith; always so strong and so trusting of God.
3.) Marrying my beautiful mother. She was a lucky pick!
4.) Music: I may joke about it a lot, but I really do love your sound and your passion for it.
5.) Our love of biking; thanks for always being my biking partner!
6.) Christian example; you have shown me how a man should treat his wife and family.
7.) Persistence: you never give up and keep trying.
8.) Me! Without you, I would not be here so thank you for giving me life!
9.) Servant Heart: you are always giving of your time (especially for me) and truly care for others.
10.) Stories; I hear them all the time, but I secretly love hearing them and laughing at them.
11.) Food: we share the same taste in food which calls for some wonderful lunch dates at Roscoes or Los Tapitios!
12.) Challenging: you have always pushed me to be a better person and challenge me in my faith.
13.) Strict, but in a good way. You have always showed me that there are consequences for my actions and that I need to think them through.
14.) Forgiving: through all my mistakes you still welcome me into a hug and let me know how loved I am.
15.) Loving: You show me love in so many ways whether its by paying for something, disciplining me, or by taking time and spending it with me.
16.) Trusting: you are one of few people who I trust with everything. I find myself wanting to come to you when I make mistakes because I know I can trust you.
17.) Encouraging: while you always make sure I see both sides, you always tell me to trust myself and encourage me to take the chance and risk.

These are just a few of the reasons why I love this man, but let me go a little more in depth with why.

Dad, I don't think I can explain how much I love you. We've had a pretty rough year and a half with the whole church thing, but your strength through it all has amazed me. I spent multiple days crying while I never saw you shed a tear. You were the backbone for our family and continued to keep us looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.With all of that, you still never gave up on your dream. You continued to play and let God use you through the storm. What an example of a godly man! You have given me an example of what I search for in a husband: a man who will continue to support his family, lead them spiritually, and love them constantly. Thank you for being this man. Thank you for also being the dad who forgives constantly. I know you don't necessarily love all my decisions (nose ring), but thank you for still loving me through them and allowing me to make my own path in life. I love you dad!
I hope you have the happiest 49th birthday a dad could have!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment