- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Life Update

Sometimes I just get way too busy and some how lose my self in the mix.
That is what has happened over the last couple of weeks. After returning from spring break, I had 2 papers due, 1 presentation, 2 big tests, multiple quizzes, and a lot to worry about at work.
With all that, I also had Easter Break which meant two summer job interviews, three days of work, and a day of singing at church which also meant practice.
Let's just say I have been tired this week and that means tired in every possible way: physically, mentally, emotionally, behaviorally, etc.
By Friday, I was just ready to relax but that did not exactly happen.
My roommate turned 21 on Monday so we celebrated her birthday by going out to dinner and seeing Cabin in the woods. Let me preference that the night before I went to see my favorite band NEEDTOBREATHE and Ben Rector in concert so I was out late and then I had to be at work by 7 the next day. By the time the movie started, I was just a little cranky and struggling to keep my eyes open, but I trudged along and stayed awake through the whole thing.
Saturday allowed me to sleep in, but I was just not my normal self. For once, I just wanted to do nothing that involved work or school. So I attempted to do that. I watched t.v. shows that I needed to catch up on and then I broke into my creative side and made some glitter jars which I will definitely share later. However; my relaxing Saturday ended quickly. My roommates and I needed to get supplies for the baby shower next weekend so we left to do that which resulted in at least an hour of shopping and then we had a party to go to at 9 and a school event to go to at 10.

I am tired! Yet, here it is on Sunday and I know this is the day I do everything: homework, papers, emails, cleaning, and so much more. I know I sound all gloomy, but here's the good part.
Today I woke up and I came to my computer and said "Just surf the Internet and be content with that." So I did exactly that. I checked Facebook, I looked at blog sites I follow, and I blogged. Blogging is so relaxing for me because it's a creative activity for me and a way to express myself. While doing all this, I realized how mornings like these seem to put the icing on the cake. It comes after all the mixing and baking, but once its on you know its complete. This week was long, but this morning just proved to me that it was worth it. I need reminders like this in my life every so often and am very grateful it came to me this morning.


Just to talk about some of the fun events this week:
1.) NEEDTOBREATHE and Ben Rector were amazing! I could not really see anything since it was a stand-up concert, but the music was beautiful. I love artists who sound the same live and I would even say they both sound better live.
2.) Cabin in the Woods-What an interesting movie. Yes, it was definitely scary; it had me screaming out loud multiple times in the movie, but it also had me laughing by the end with a confused face. I would say wait until the movie comes out on DVD to see it, but if you're looking for a movie with a huge twist then it is definitely a good one. Not only does it have 1 huge twist, but it has 2!
3.) Glitter Jars-It has been a while since I have invested in doing crafts from my pinterest site, but something told me I needed to do this craft a.s.a.p. Turns out it was a good idea because they are now the center pieces for the baby shower, but I love them! Glitter appeals to me so much and these Jars are perfect. Gold glitter and clear jars. Mod podge helps the glitter stick and it is perfect. I cannot wait to post a picture to share with you!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment