- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Monday, April 9, 2012

A Very Thankful Daughter

My dad has been on my heart lately. Since being at home, I have been able to see the life my family has been living. I knew that we were struggling, but now I can see it the faces of my parents. My mother is trying to be strong and supportive and my dad is trying to trust God. I respect my parents so much after being with them this week. A time that has been stressful and down right horrible, they have been able to love, laugh, and live. They are real; they struggle with God, question Him, trust Him, and wait on Him. Their strength is beyond words; it is so strong.

I broke down in tears at multiple times today as I am doing right now because of my family. We could have let this situation affect our lives in a negative way. We could have let it beat us down and break us, but all of us have chosen to rise above. Yes, we have all had our bad days. The days when we say we want to give up and that we don't trust God, but at least we are being real and honest. Our faith is messy, but so was Peter's and Paul's.

I am just thankful and very appreciative of the parent's God has blessed me with. My mom has a heart that is beautiful. Her laugh, her smile, her goofiness; I just love everything about her. My dad's contemplative-ness, trust, and faith is admirable and inspiring.

"When the clouds are heavy, the rains come down. When a tree falls, whether south or north, there it lies. If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done. " Ecclesiastes 11:3-4 If you wait for life to be perfect, then your going to miss it. Be thankful for the hard times, for the trying times, and for all the times in between. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment