- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Friday, April 20, 2012

My Most Embarrasing Moment

Wow! Only one? I don't think that it is really possible for me to only choose one.
Just for you I will list a few of every one's favorites!

1.) During my sophomore year, we had this funny saying called "back it up." We always used it when someone said something and we wanted them to give the evidence for it. Well, we had a residence event called Taboo Topics where we talked about sex, eating disorders, and a few other things girls struggle with. It is super serious in the room and for whatever reason the speaker said something that I thought needed a "back it up" statement with it. While I thought I just said it in my head, I turned to my left because my friends were giggling and it was a super serious moment. They were all looking at me shocked and trying not to die laughing; then it hit me, not only did I say it out loud, but I shouted it. That definitely taught me to be in the moment more.

2.) Another time during sophomore year, we were all hiding in my room from our guy friends trying to convince them to bring taco bell to our window. I thought it would be funny if we pretended to flash them. Well, I was being goofy so I went to lift my sweatshirt up to flash and I forgot my phone was in my pocket. It smacked me in the mouth and gave me a fat lip for a day. Not only did people ask what was wrong with my lip, but I had to deliver the embarrassing moment to explain it.

3.) This one isn't so funny (at least not to me). During my Senior year of marching band, we had prelims for Nationals at 9 p.m. We were all exhausted, but the show had to go one. It was a really neat show where we had these balls that we through back and forth and did tricks with on these poll things (I wish I had pics so you could understand). Well during one part, we run in a circle with the poles and ball. Somehow I get up and start running, but trip and fall flat on my face. What felt like forever was really only a second, but I jumped back up and finished running to get back into place. At the end of the show, I burst into tears because I was so embarrassed. It may sound ridiculous, but I was for sure I had made us lose prelims because of my fall. Watching the video, you can barely tell I fell and I actually got complemented for recovering so fast, but I was not feeling that way during that week.

I'm sure I have more that I could share; I'll be sure to ask my friends and maybe I'll add some more later.

What are yours? I'm always up for a good laugh and if it includes anyone falling, I will love it. It may be mean, but I just lose it when people trip and fall. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment