- See more at: http://www.heleneinbetween.com/2015/10/how-to-make-blog-post-title-come-before.html#sthash.1qAhHSsz.dpuf

Thursday, June 27, 2013

The First Goodbye

Tess and I have been best friend since 3rd grade. You can read her post about how we met
This girl has watched me grow up, go through numerous breakups, cry over the most ridiculous things, and supported me through everything. She listens to every thing I say and calls me out when I need it. I act like a complete goof-ball and hilarious Rachel is present when she is around. Now she is moving to L.A. to begin her dream of working in the film industry. I cannot believe she is the first to leave. I have been on edge of tears for the last month. Two weeks ago I couldn't even say when she was leaving without tearing up. This week I couldn't even say her name without feeling the tears come on. I am writing this post in advance for the reason that I will be balling my eyes out today because my best friend is not in the room next door, less than a 20 minute drive away, and no longer working by my side at work.
 
In honor of her, we had a fun little adventure to celebrate our friendship and give her some moments to say goodbye to her life here.
 
We started the night at steak n' shake because the west coast does not have one! Can you believe that? Where is she going to get the best steak burger ever? And if you do not know what a steak burger is, well, that's very unfortunate.
 
During the evening we went on a country drive as it was tradition to do these while we were in our undergrad. These drives always led to deep discussions about our lives and our futures. It was a beautiful day so we drove with the windows down and admired farm life.


We made a visit to the school Tessa and I met at and played on the Adams playground. It had been years since we both had been here and it was crazy to remember that this was the coolest thing about elementary school.




And of course we visited the home I remember spending numerous nights in. Lucky for us, the owner of the house let us peruse the house again and show Michelle where we had sleepovers and parties. 


Tessa's old childhood bedroom. It was green when she lived in it. 
 
 And one of my favorite parts of the night was going to Kohl's to find our own "Sisterhood of the traveling pants" idea. We of course got a purple scarf because purple is all of our favorite colors and scarfs can be worn in all three states we will all live in. Tessa is taking it first to California along with the journal we will be passing along with it. Michelle will get it next for the start of graduate school and then me!




And we had to end the night with some karaoke. Tessa's mom joined us and sang some songs with us. We laughed a lot and were the youngest people in the joint so we definitely sang all the teenie-bopper songs we grew up with. 

 
We ended the night writing where we see each other in the next 5 and 10 years, guessing who would get married first, have the next kid, move in with their in-laws, and many more things.
 
To even try to explain to you how much this girl means to me is not even possible. She's my friend, role model, counselor, and so much more. My heart is heavy today and I am cherishing the time we've had together.
I look forward to Thanksgiving break where we will hopefully be re-united together living it up in L.A.
 
Love you Tess!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment